2013 in Review Part 3 - Room Makeovers

Time for another installment of 2013 in Review!

2013 was the year that I found "The Look" I wanted for my home.  I thought the rule was 1 year in your home!!  Oh well, 3 years is ok by me - I now know exactly what I do and don't like and this year I was able to put it together in a way that pleased me.

This was also the year that rooms came together.  I finished the 2nd bathroom (thank you God!), guest room, laundry room, master bedroom, living room and dining room.  Yay!!  I also made over the main bathroom for the 4th time. Yep, I change my decor like I change my clothes... well, almost!

Here are the before & after shots:


My bedroom was completely done over - walls, trim, bedding, furniture, doors, lighting - phew!  DONE!!!  
check out the entire process HERE



 Yes, I know, I keep harping on my bathroom reno but I'm just so damn proud of  it!!
Check out the nitty gritty HERE


 I got tired of my small dark living room and used some inexpensive and easy tricks to make it light, bright and beautiful!  Read all about it HERE

My dining room was boring and I disliked my table.  After I painted out all the wood trim, I started searching for lighting.  I found a chandelier at the dump (!) and then I refinished the table.  I found a $25 bakers rack that I made over to match the table.  Easy peasy dining room makeover for $50 (including stain & paint).
Here are the full posts:  Baker's Rack Makeover  and  Dining Room Table Makeover


My guest room had a couple of decor changes before I settled on this latest grain sack theme.  It's fresh and pretty!



My laundry room is DONE!!!!!!!!  woot woot!   I went from a bare room with only washer/dryer hookups and a beat up mdf pantry cabinet to a bright, spacious laundry room with lots of storage and pretty colours that make me happy!  
Here's the scoop:



My  nemesis is this bathroom.  I've made it over 4 times and I'm still not happy with it...
This was makeover number 4 and it certainly brightened up the space and tied the colours together better.  I still hate that bathroom tile... 
Read all about it HERE

Well, there you have it - all my room makeovers for 2013.  Up on 2014's agenda are the kitchen, the den, the main bathroom (yep redo #5...) and the front landing. Landscaping will play a big part next year, too.  It's long overdue!

Hope you enjoyed my recaps, if you missed the first two here are the links:



and if you want to check out my 2012 work:


and


Thanks for visiting!  Here's to a fabulous 2014!


With a small budget, big dreams and a love of a challenge, Anne blogs about renovating and decorating her tiny 1930s bungalow. A self-taught artist and professed power tool lover, she enjoys writing, gardening, photography, nature and diy'ing. And she's never met a dumpster she didn’t want to root through! Come along for the ride!!

Remodeling and Home Design

Follow on Bloglovin
Sharing with:
Frugal Friday    Party Junk
Top Posts of 2013

25 comments:

  1. Anne you had a busy year with all your projects and they all turned out FABULOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your make over's are wonderful you have manged to do so much. It was nice to revisit them again.
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne
    I have to say I am in awe of your beautiful transformation of your home. Every room is a great transformation and so gorgeous. You did this all by yourself you should be so proud of what you have done. It is just beautiful. Love every room.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great job! I love it all, but especially love the bedroom, laundry room, and bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should be one tired lady Anne...smile. You know I love what you do and so envious of your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been a very busy girl this year!…and I love the bathroom..but I know we will probably be seeing more changes to that room…you do amazing work Anne!…

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have accomplished SO much in 2013! Every room in your house is better and looks so personal.

    Your nemesis bathroom looks like quite the challenge. Unfortunately, unless you deal with that wall tile that you have, you are going to continue to be unsatisfied. Based on your photo, you appear to have three different color undertones fighting with each other ... the wall color, the floor tile, and that tile on the walls. Here's my opinion (though I know you didn't ask for it.) I like what I can see of the floor. Would it help to go a bit more taupe-toward-grey with your wall color? The wall tile has to go! (easier said than done, I know) We have our own bathroom challenges to deal with in 2014. Not looking forward to the upheaval that it will cause.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of the makeovers, looks like you have put a lot of love and hard work into all of the rooms. I was reading the comments about the bathroom, did you know you can paint tile. If you don't like it and changing it is not an option then try painting it. I am going to be moving soon, and have been exploring all kinds of decorating tips on a low budget. And painting tile and linoleum is one of the things I have been researching. like you I want my home to look bright and fresh. love all of the makeovers. hugs Tobey

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have been one busy girl Anne....I believe I have pinned all of these ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous year of projects Anne- you must be running out of rooms to do. (kitchen next, right??) Can't wait to see what 2014 has in store!! Your transformations are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure have been busy Anne. I love every project you did. Your home looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your talent amazes me Anne. I've yet to see a room you can't makeover. All of your rooms end up looking more spacious and unified with the Anne touch. Looking forward to what you'll be up to next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your 'new' bedroom! And the living room, dining room, but that bathroom is so gorgeous! I've seen it all over the net, everyone thinks you did an amazing job on it! I agree, you have such talent.
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are amazing. Pretty soon you will run out of projects so you will have to sell the house and buy a larger one for more projects.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to look at the changes done. You are a very talented person!! Keep going!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Anne, it's been a busy, busy year for you! Your home looks great my friend and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm amazed at all the transformations you managed to get done in one year. your bedroom is really charming now and looks like a serene place to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It has been a busy year for you. I am loving the pretty bed linens you used. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's been a good and productive year Anne! Any plans in your list for the next year to come?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!!! I'm exhausted!! I love your renos. Your rooms are much brighter and cheerier with the bright colours. Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have been busy! I love your guest bedroom and laundry room makeovers--the pretty grain sack motif really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful, dear girl, you have accomplished a lot!!! And you're doing a great job at it. I wish I had your ability!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all of the makeovers, but your bedroom, wow! It should be in a magazine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! You accomplished SO MUCH that I may need to lie down! I especially love your laundry room! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...