I found My Dream House...

It has been my dream for a long time to live in Carmel, California. Today I found my dream house, conveniently located in Carmel,California. Take a look at this charming 1920s cottage.


I adore courtyards - welcome home!!




We can enjoy a glass of iced tea on the patio...


with a full view of the beautiful landscaping.


Come on in and look around.  Isn't the fireplace fabulous?  Love that screen!!


Such a cute little dining room (although I'm not crazy about the chandy).


Tiny but perfectly appointed kitchen.  Isn't that breakfast nook adorable??


Here's where I get to sleep. Sweet dreams!

Oh and you get the guest house - yes! a guest house - love, love, love!!!


Falling deeper in love...  Wouldn't this be a fabulous studio?!


You can make yourself a midnight snack or get a cup of tea or coffee.



A little space to relax and a heater to keep you warm on chilly nights.

and a lovely bedroom as well.

There are a few more photos on the property website HERE.  I love small houses and this one has been laid out beautifully.  Here is the floor plan:


And here's the realtor's listing:  http://www.carmelrealtycompany.com/real_estate-24778-guadalupe-street-carmel_693.htm

I am seriously in love...  Anyone got 1.3 million lying around that I could have?  Pretty please??  :)

Have a happy day!



With a small budget, big dreams and a love of a challenge, Anne blogs about renovating and decorating her tiny 1930s bungalow. A self-taught artist and professed power tool lover, she enjoys writing, gardening, photography, nature and diy'ing. And she's never met a dumpster she didn’t want to root through! Come along for the ride!!

Remodeling and Home Design

Follow on Bloglovin

23 comments:

  1. I love your Dream Home Anne. I adore the courtyard. A guest house too wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed a dream come true! I love your house, and I can't stop drooling at these photos! I do hope you'll get this house. You can get a mortgage loan from a reliable source when you really want to have 1.3 million for the place. Hehe! Give me an update about the house that you'll purchase. By the way, they have a great listing. :)

    Genny Stutesman @ Dallas.ChurchillMortgage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have great taste in homes Anne. I could easily move in and not change a thing. It would be awesome to have a guest house, it would be put to good use over the next couple of weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. $1.3 million in California doesn't get you much, but it would get you your dream house.

    I have been in love with Carmel since I was a little girl. We stayed at a B & B there a couple of years ago. It was one block from the water and sat smack dab in the middle of a neighborhood filled with houses just like your dream house. As you walk along the row of ocean front houses, you are amazed because each is prettier than the next. The only problem is that there are people just like me walking along and peeking in your windows all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you. I saw a book called Carmels Faery Tale Cottages about the beautiful homes. In fact they have several books about their homes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have 1 million, but I'll take some lemonade on the lovely terrace, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can see why you love it….don't worry…I will send you a check..!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It doesn't seem like a lot for Carmel given the appearance and upkeep. I had to wonder if they priced it lower so people would bid higher, but then again maybe the prices have gone down a bit there.

    It's adorable. I love the yard and exterior the most.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely! If I had it to give, you know I would! So you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! That is a dream cottage, isn't it! It's okay to dream though, Anne. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anne what charming house. It has so much character and the outdoor space is so pretty. A lot of money!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Anne, I love Carmel too! What's not to love? You have picked a great cottage and I enjoyed seeing it. I could live pretty large is that little house, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This a really a dream place. There is a lady in Georgia and someone in San Jose who would have enough money to give you..give them a call. Wouldn't that be fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh wouldn't it just though?! Thanks for visiting Gerry!

      Delete
  14. Such a cute home ... start saving those pennies! (figuratively of course ... no more pennies!) I like how they decorated the home with large heavy furniture, but very minimal otherwise. It really gives it a storybook kind of feel. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Being the selfish girl I am, if I had that kind of money, I'll buy a house with a seaview... But I'll invite you over for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want a guest house. Or a studio. Or a hiding place!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anne,
    In my next life I'm going to live in Carmel, too! We went there once and oogled at the cottages. I was most impressed with the flowers. Since the temps never reach freezing, the flowers are huge and live year round. When I win the lottery, I'll buy both of us houses there! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can see why that would be your dream house- it is adorable. And the price is adorable, too. :P I'll be happy to come and help you move in! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. That is just gorgeous! I love how the house looks! It obviously is a work of art. And there’s so much space! It is definitely a great find and would be a lovely home to start a family.

    Paul Dabbs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. I respond to comments through email. If I can't respond to you by email (no reply blogger), I'll leave a reply under your comment. Hope you have a fabulous day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...